ADVERTISEMENT

Child playing with fireworks started Racine fire

  • Associated Press
  • March 23, 2014 - 12:00 PM

RACINE, Wis. — A child who was playing with fireworks inside a Racine home sparked a fire that caused no injuries, but caused more than $25,000 in damages.

The Racine Fire Department says the fire happened about 11 p.m. Saturday.

The Journal Times reports (http://bit.ly/1pp73Mo ) fire crews quickly put out the fire in the second floor bedroom. They determined the fire was caused by the child playing with fireworks.

© 2014 Star Tribune