Couple dies of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning
- Associated Press
- March 3, 2014 - 6:15 PM
CROOKSTON, Minn. — A rural Crookston couple has died of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in their home and two of their daughters are being treated.
Polk County sheriff's authorities say 49-year-old Kent Ostgaard and his 51-year-old wife, Natalie, were found dead after a 911 call Monday morning.
Twenty-two-year-old daughter Aryanna Ostgaard was unconscious but still breathing. Chief Sheriff's Deputy Jim Tadman says she is in critical condition at Mayo Clinic in Rochester.
Tadman says a 17-year-old daughter was treated and released from RiverView Health in Crookston.
The Crookston Daily Times (http://bit.ly/1c2fZ9Y ) reports the Ostgaards also have a middle child who attends the University of Minnesota Duluth.
Natalie Ostgaard was city editor at the Crookston Daily Times from 2002 to 2013.
© 2016 Star Tribune