Three observations ...
• Too bad Michael Cuddyer is on the disabled list, but Michael Conforto — called up by the Mets to replace him — looked like the real deal in the Futures Game.
• Detroit being a seller at the trade deadline? Ha. It was obviously an attempt to light a fire under the team. Tigers owner Mike Ilitch doesn't sell.
• Apologies for making lofty comparisons, but Miguel Sano at the plate looks like a young Frank Thomas.
... and two predictions
• The Twins will make at least one trade before the July 31 deadline, and it won't be for a catcher or a shortstop.
• Cole Hamels will end up with the Dodgers.