A 59-year-old man died in his Minnetonka home from a suspected drug overdose, and a 23-year-old man who was there at the time has been arrested, authorities said.

A 911 call at roughly 8 a.m. Sunday from the house in the 2000 block of Pine Island Road brought officers to the scene, where the older man was unresponsive, police said.

The suspect, a 23-year-old man from Maple Grove, made the 911 call and was present when officers arrived. He was arrested with $720 on him, according to jail records, and he remains held on suspicion of second-degree manslaughter.

The man who died was Scott A. Bell, of family-owned Bellboy Corp., a liquor and wine distributorship based in Golden Valley, a company staff member said Monday. Bell was involved in the division that handles the import of meat, fish and other products.

Bell collapsed in the garage and was “bleeding from the nose and mouth,” according to emergency dispatch audio. Efforts to revive Bell were unsuccessful.

The medical examiner has not confirmed a cause of death or said what type of drug was involved.

Paul Walsh