A 19-year-old Sioux Falls man was bitten by one of his three pet rattlesnakes in his home and was hospitalized, authorities said.
The man is being treated at Sanford Health for a bite on the arm, police said.
Once police got wind of the incident Friday, they got a search warrant and went to the man’s home on the east side of the city. Officers found three rattlesnakes there and removed them, police said.
Authorities are withholding the man’s identity because he has yet to be charged, said Police Sgt. James Buteyn. It’s against city ordinance to keep venomous snakes in Sioux Falls.