Monday is a federal holiday, Columbus Day. In Minneapolis, it's Indigenous People's Day. Whatever you call the holiday falling on the second Monday in October, here's your guide to what's open and closed.
• Federal and Minneapolis city offices are closed. State and St. Paul offices are open. For specific cities and counties, call or check online.
• Post offices are closed with no mail delivery.
• Public schools and the University of Minnesota are open.
• Hennepin County/Minneapolis and most other public libraries are open normal hours.
• Most banks are open normal hours.
• Supermarkets and shopping malls are open normal hours.
• Metro Transit buses and light-rail trains are following normal weekday schedules. The same is true for various other public transit providers.
• Parking meters are not being enforced in Minneapolis but are in St. Paul. Minneapolis parks meters are being enforced unless noted on the meter. The University of Minnesota is enforcing meters.
• Most recreation centers are open. Call for hours.