MICHAEL RUSSO’S EASTERN CONFERENCE PREDICTIONS
1. PITTSBURGH PENGUINS
2013: 36-12-0, 1st in East (72 points)
• Goalie Marc-Andre Fleury broke down yet again in the postseason, but this is the regular season and Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin and James Neal will light it up.
2. BOSTON BRUINS
2013: 28-14-5, 4th in East (62 points)
• Tremendous on the back end, starting with goalie Tuukka Rask, and now the B’s add Loui Eriksson to a deep group of forwards.
3. DETROIT RED WINGS
2013: 24-16-8, 7th in West (56 points)
• Most felt the Red Wings would collapse last season without Nicklas Lidstrom. Didn’t happen, and now they move to East, where they should thrive.
4. OTTAWA SENATORS
2013: 25-17-6, 7th in East (56 points)
• Forward Jason Spezza and defenseman Erik Karlsson are healthy, and the addition of goal scorer Bobby Ryan should more than make up for the loss of Daniel Alfredsson.
5. NEW YORK RANGERS
2013: 26-18-4, 6th in East (56 points)
• John Tortorella wore out his welcome, and now this tight group presumably will breathe easier behind goalie Henrik Lundqvist and rising star Derek Stepan.
6. TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS
2013: 26-17-5, 5th in East (57 points)
|Cincinnati - WP: A. Simon||4||FINAL|
|Chicago Cubs - LP: J. Samardzija||1|
|St. Louis - LP: M. Wacha||1||FINAL|
|Washington - WP: G. Gonzalez||3|
|Milwaukee - WP: K. Lohse||5||FINAL|
|Pittsburgh - LP: C. Morton||3|
|Toronto - WP: S. Delabar||3||FINAL|
|Cleveland - LP: M. Rzepczynski||2|
|LA Angels - WP: J. Weaver||11||FINAL|
|Detroit - LP: D. Smyly||6|
|Atlanta - WP: A. Harang||6||FINAL|
|NY Mets - LP: J. Niese||0|
|Baltimore - WP: C. Tillman||8||FINAL|
|Boston - LP: J. Lackey||4|
|NY Yankees - LP: A. Warren||5||FINAL|
|Tampa Bay - WP: J. McGee||11|
|Seattle - LP: Y. Medina||4||FINAL|
|Miami - WP: S. Cishek||8|
|Chicago WSox - LP: F. Paulino||0||FINAL|
|Texas - WP: M. Perez||12|
|Minnesota - LP: R. Nolasco||0||FINAL|
|Kansas City - WP: J. Vargas||5|
|Philadelphia - LP: J. Pettibone||1||FINAL|
|Colorado - WP: T. Chatwood||12|
|San Francisco - LP: M. Cain||1||FINAL|
|San Diego - WP: T. Ross||2|
|Arizona||2||Top 10th Inning|
Poll: Can the Wild rally to win its playoff series against Colorado?