Three observations ...
• Cleveland’s Justin Masterson already has two complete-game 1-0 victories. That’s impressive because many managers would automatically push the bullpen button and bring in a closer for the ninth inning.
• Looks as if Francisco Liriano likes pitching in the National League. He’s 2-0 with a 1.64 ERA since coming off the disabled list.
• Anthony Rizzo is a great story. He battled Hodgkin’s lymphoma while in A-ball, survived that scare and now has cashed in with a seven-year, $41 million deal with the Cubs.
... and two predictions
• Yankees closer Mariano Rivera, already the comeback player of the year, will save 45 games in his final season.
• Brewers shortstop Jean Segura will slump some but will finish with at least a .300 batting average, 17 homers and a .875 OPS.
LA VELLE E. NEAL III
|Cincinnati - WP: A. Simon||4||FINAL|
|Chicago Cubs - LP: J. Samardzija||1|
|St. Louis - LP: M. Wacha||1||FINAL|
|Washington - WP: G. Gonzalez||3|
|Milwaukee - WP: K. Lohse||5||FINAL|
|Pittsburgh - LP: C. Morton||3|
|Toronto - WP: S. Delabar||3||FINAL|
|Cleveland - LP: M. Rzepczynski||2|
|LA Angels - WP: J. Weaver||11||FINAL|
|Detroit - LP: D. Smyly||6|
|Atlanta - WP: A. Harang||6||FINAL|
|NY Mets - LP: J. Niese||0|
|Baltimore - WP: C. Tillman||8||FINAL|
|Boston - LP: J. Lackey||4|
|NY Yankees - LP: A. Warren||5||FINAL|
|Tampa Bay - WP: J. McGee||11|
|Seattle - LP: Y. Medina||4||FINAL|
|Miami - WP: S. Cishek||8|
|Chicago WSox - LP: F. Paulino||0||FINAL|
|Texas - WP: M. Perez||12|
|Minnesota - LP: R. Nolasco||0||FINAL|
|Kansas City - WP: J. Vargas||5|
|Philadelphia - LP: J. Pettibone||1||FINAL|
|Colorado - WP: T. Chatwood||12|
|Houston||0||Bottom 4th Inning|
|San Francisco||0||Top 6th Inning|
|Arizona||0||Top 5th Inning|
|Dallas||1||2nd Prd 4:23|