BOYS’ HOCKEY: Rogers’ Walker nets game-winner
• ROGERS 4, CHAMPLIN PARK 3: The Royals and the Rebels went back and forth for three periods until Rogers’ Jacob Walker scored the game-winner — on his second goal of the game — with under two minutes to play in the championship game in the Bronze Division of the Schwan Cup. Senior forward Nate Weber led the Royals with one goal and two assists. Danny Eggerichs and Jacob Aberwald each had a goal and an assist for the Rebels.
• DELANO 7, MADISON (WIS.) EDGEWOOD 0: Freshman Ben Meyers scored three goals and added two assists as the Tigers blew out the Cougars in Duluth.
• PARK OF COTTAGE GROVE 4, ASHWAUBENON (WIS.) 3: Nick Lucas scored with one second left in regulation to send the game into overtime, then again only 26 seconds into the extra period to give the Wolfpack the victory. James Block scored two goals for the Jaguars.
• ST. PAUL ACADEMY 5, COON RAPIDS 2: The Spartans scored four unanswered goals to bury the Cardinals in the fifth-place game of the Roseau tournament. Matt Dahlseide scored twice for the Spartans, ranked 13th in Class 1A.
GIRLS’ HOCKEY: Quick start boosts Eastview
• EASTVIEW 5, TOTINO-GRACE 2: The Lightning jumped out to a 4-0 lead and never looked back to claim first place in the Coon Rapids tournament. Freshman forward Natalie Snodgrass paced Eastview with two goals while Erika Geary and Sara Mayer each had two points for the Lightning. Laura Minkoff scored twice for the Eagles.
• FARMINGTON 4, ROSEMOUNT 3: Eighth-grader Ellie Moser scored with 29 seconds left in the third period to give the Tigers the win in the third-place game of the Farmington tournament. Hannah Enright scored twice for the Irish.
• ST. LOUIS PARK 3, MINNEHAHA ACADEMY 0: Molly Arntson notched two first-period goals, the second one shorthanded, to lead the Orioles over the Redhawks. Elena Basill scored the third goal at 12:07 of the third period.
• HASTINGS 3, PARK OF COTTAGE GROVE 1: Sami Claussen gave the Raiders a 2-0 lead at 1:32 of the third period and her goal would prove to be the game-winner. The Wolfpack answered three minutes later with a goal from Paige Hill, but the Raiders sealed the victory with Claire Williams’ goal at 9:09 of the third. Hastings outshot Park 48-25.
BOYS’ BASKETBALL: Buffalo holds off Orono
• BUFFALO 59, ORONO 56: The Bison erased an eight-point halftime deficit to knock off the Spartans at the Buffalo-St. Michael-Albertville Invitational. Sam Ortmann had a game-high 19 points for the Bison, while teammate Levi Bean contributed 18. The Spartans were led by junior forward Ethan Larson, who had17 points.
• ST. FRANCIS 60, DELANO 58: Nate Svihel scored a team-high 25 points as the Fighting Saints fended off the Tigers in the second round of the Granite City Classic.
• PARK OF COTTAGE GROVE 57, SOUTH ST. PAUL 55: Junior guard Anthony Juba led the Wolfpack with 15 points while teammate Aaron Gorres added 13 as Park held off the Packers in the South St. Paul tournament.
• CHANHASSEN 64, MINNEAPOLIS NORTH 59: Joey Witthus scored 23 points as the Storm ran past a young Polars squad. Frank Ragnow also finished in double figures for the Storm with 14 points. Tyler Johnson tallied a team-high 18 points for the Polars.
• HOLY ANGELS 63, HILL-MURRAY 56: The Stars, led by Charlie Koontz and Taylor BonGiovanni, clawed back in the second half to claim third place in the Catholic Spirit tournament. Koontz finished with 21 points and BonGiovanni with 20.
GIRLS’ BASKETBALL: Panning paces Chaska to title
• CHASKA 59, CENTENNIAL 53: MaKena Panning had 25 points and 10 rebounds to lead the Class 4A, fifth-ranked Hawks over the Cougars in the championship game of the Eden Prairie Holiday tournament.