• People have epilepsy when they’ve had two or more unprovoked seizures.
• The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that 2.3 million Americans have epilepsy. The National Epilepsy Foundation puts the number closer to 3 million.
• 1 in 10 people will have a seizure in their lifetime and 1 in 26 will develop epilepsy, according to the National Epilepsy Foundation.
• In nearly 70 percent of the cases, the cause is unknown.
• Famous people with epilepsy include Supreme Court Justice John Roberts, rock musician Neil Young, former Major League Baseball manager Buddy Bell and nine-time NFL Pro Bowler Alan Faneca.
• 70 percent of epilepsy patients can expect to enter remission (that is, becoming seizure-free for at least five years) with proper medication, according to the National Epilepsy Foundation.
|Cincinnati - WP: A. Simon||4||FINAL|
|Chicago Cubs - LP: J. Samardzija||1|
|St. Louis - LP: M. Wacha||1||FINAL|
|Washington - WP: G. Gonzalez||3|
|Milwaukee - WP: K. Lohse||5||FINAL|
|Pittsburgh - LP: C. Morton||3|
|Toronto - WP: S. Delabar||3||FINAL|
|Cleveland - LP: M. Rzepczynski||2|
|LA Angels - WP: J. Weaver||11||FINAL|
|Detroit - LP: D. Smyly||6|
|Atlanta - WP: A. Harang||6||FINAL|
|NY Mets - LP: J. Niese||0|
|Baltimore - WP: C. Tillman||8||FINAL|
|Boston - LP: J. Lackey||4|
|NY Yankees - LP: A. Warren||5||FINAL|
|Tampa Bay - WP: J. McGee||11|
|Seattle - LP: Y. Medina||4||FINAL|
|Miami - WP: S. Cishek||8|
|Chicago WSox - LP: F. Paulino||0||FINAL|
|Texas - WP: M. Perez||12|
|Minnesota - LP: R. Nolasco||0||FINAL|
|Kansas City - WP: J. Vargas||5|
|Philadelphia - LP: J. Pettibone||1||FINAL|
|Colorado - WP: T. Chatwood||12|
|Houston - LP: J. Cosart||3||FINAL|
|Oakland - WP: S. Gray||11|
|San Francisco - LP: M. Cain||1||FINAL|
|San Diego - WP: T. Ross||2|
|Arizona - WP: J. Thatcher||4||FINAL|
|Los Angeles - LP: C. Perez||2|