Page 2 of 2 Previous
• Colton Iverson, the former Gophers forward/center who has led Colorado State to a No. 8 seed in the NCAA tournament while averaging 14.7 points and 9.8 rebounds per game, was quoted in the Denver Post about his departure from the Gophers: “We [he and his family] just thought it was best that if I left and it turned out to be a happy move for me. Now I play with a chip on my shoulder because I thought I had more to prove. I think I have done a good job of proving that. But at the same time, there’s no hard feelings. If I didn’t transfer, I wouldn’t be getting the looks and the opportunities I will be getting after this season.”
• Gavin Schilling, the highly regarded 6-9 forward from Findlay Prep in Henderson, Nev., who was a top recruiting target of the Gophers, announced Wednesday he is going to Michigan State.
• There are rumors that former Wild star Marian Gaborik, now with the New York Rangers, is on the trading block. Maybe a return to Xcel Energy Center would rejuvenate Gaborik, if the Rangers would pick up some of his big contract.
• Former Twin Michael Cuddyer is hitting .333 [13-for-39] over 13 games in his second spring training with the Rockies. Cuddyer has three doubles, three RBI and three runs scored. … Jason Kubel is hitting .200 [6-for-30] over 13 games in his second spring training with the Diamondbacks. Kubel has one home run and three RBI.
• Golden Valley native and former Gophers star Jordan Leopold already has reached a few career milestones this season for the Sabres, playing in his 600th game earlier this year, and picking up his 200th assist in a 3-2 victory over Montreal on Tuesday.
• University of Tennessee coach Butch Jones will headline the state high school football coaches clinic April 4 at the Doubletree Hotel in St. Louis Park.
• Gophers hockey recruits Taylor Cammarata and Justin Kloos, both playing for Waterloo of the USHL, are the top two scorers in the league. Cammarata has 33 goals and 44 assists in 49 games, while Kloos has 24 goals and 48 assists in 44 games.
• The Vikings apparently didn’t try to re-sign reserve offensive guard Geoff Schwartz, who signed as a free agent with the Chiefs.
Sid Hartman can be heard weekdays on 830-AM at 6:40, 7:40 and 8:40 a.m. and on Sundays at 9:30 a.m. firstname.lastname@example.org
|Golden State||28||2nd Qtr 8:39|
|Philadelphia||22||1st Qtr 0:34|
|Portland||34||2nd Qtr 12:00|
|Charlotte||30||2nd Qtr 10:11|
|Oklahoma City||5:30 PM|
|New Orleans||7:00 PM|
|Tampa Bay||1||2nd Prd 1:38|
|Columbus||1||2nd Prd 3:10|
|St. Louis||8:30 PM|
|Pittsburgh||7||1st Half 14:30|
|Arizona State||7:30 PM|
|Washington St||8:30 PM|
|Coll of Charleston||65|
|(22) George Washington||80|
|(12) Texas A&M||63||FINAL|
|(11) Miss State||55|
|(4) Notre Dame||67||FINAL|
|William & Mary||62|
|(15) North Carolina||80||FINAL|
|(9) Florida State||69||FINAL|
|(10) Arizona State||59|
|Vanderbilt||38||2nd Half 7:52|
|(2) South Carolina||26||2nd Half 12:42|
|Utah||41||2nd Half 3:50|
|Ohio State||63||2nd Half 6:30|