Friday (80s music lyrics) edition: Wha' Happened?
- Blog Post by: Michael Rand
- December 4, 2009 - 9:11 AM
Our attempt at some sort of pop culture entry on Fridays leads us to Part II of a music lyric quiz. A couple weeks back, it was the 1990s. Now, we'll try the 1980s. Eventually, we'll come back to the 2000s as some sort of decade retrospective. For now, though, these are all lines from fairly popular 1980s songs. One point for artist, one point for song title:
1) You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.
2) You gotta squeeze a little, squeeze a little, tease a little more.
3) You're so fine, and you're mine. I'll be yours 'til the end of time.
4) Some will win, some will lose. Some were born to sing the blues.
5) Oh can't you see me standing here? I've got my back against the record machine.
6) And she's watching him with those eyes. And she's lovin' him with that body.
7) You're shying away. I'll be coming for you anyway.
8) Her hair reminds me of a warm safe place, where as a child I'd hide.
9) Rat-tailed Jimmy is a second-hand hood. Deals out in Hollywood.
10) And all that I wanted was you. You made all my dreams come true.
Pictured, left to right: DaveMN, Stu, adult, adult, AZGG, RandBall.
© 2014 Star Tribune