Charred body found in Minneapolis ID'd as Brooklyn Center man
- Article by: JOY POWELL
- Star Tribune
- August 13, 2014 - 9:45 PM
A man whose charred body was found next to a burning dumpster in south Minneapolis was identified Wednesday as a 31-year-old Brooklyn Center man.
Rufino Alejandro Clara-Rendon was found dead Thursday night just behind 3900 Minnehaha Av., according to the Hennepin County medical examiner. The man had an apartment in the 1300 block of 67th Avenue N. in Brooklyn Center, about 13 miles from where his body was found.
Firefighters had been called about a dumpster fire about 11:30 p.m. After putting out the fire, firefighters spotted the body nearby, said John Elder, a police spokesman. An investigation continues.
“We have identified him through some tattoos, but we have no cause of death yet,” Elder said.
On Tuesday, police publicized an image of an intricate cross tattoo on the man’s upper right arm. Inside the cross are hands held in prayer. Someone recognized the tattoo and called police.
“We don’t really know what the story on him is yet,” Elder said, noting that relatives and others are being interviewed.
© 2016 Star Tribune