6:05 a.m. update: Overwhelmed with crashes and spinouts
- Blog Post by: Tim Harlow
- March 5, 2013 - 6:07 AM
The drive to work is difficult. In many places it is hard to see the lane markings. Most freeways are still snow covered and slippery.
Traffic is packed on eastbound 94 from Maple Grove Pkwy. all the way over to Hwy. 252.
We have a long list of accidents. Here are a few place you will find trouble:
Eastbound 394 at Dunwoody Blvd.
Northbound 35W at 94th Street.
Southbound 494 at Hwy. 55.
Metro Tranist trains are on time. Buses are running late on 20 percent of routes. Three are on winter weather detour:
• No westbound service on Arlington between Rice St. and Wheelock Pkwy.. Board buses on Arlington at Rice or on Arlington at Cumberland.
• No service on Industrial Blvd. or Godward north of Broadway
• No service on Londin Lane or Lower Afton Rd. Board buses on McKnight Rd.
• No eastbound Route 63K and S service on Suburban Ave. east of Burns Ave. Board buses on northbound Ruth St. at Suburban Ave.
• No service to Dunedin Terrace high-rise. Board buses on Concord St.
• No service into River Park Plaza lot. Board buses on Fillmore.
• No service on Hawthorne or on Westminster between Arlington and Hawthorne. Board buses on Westminster north of Arlington or on Arkwright south of Maryland.
© 2013 Star Tribune