Questions persist about Bundchen speeding incident
- Blog Post by: James Lileks
- September 20, 2011 - 12:26 PM
Gisele Bundchen, supermodel and wife of New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, was stopped for speeding over the weekend and given a verbal warning by a Massachusetts state trooper.
State police spokesman David Procopio says Bundchen was going about 70 mph in a 55 mph zone on state Route 6 in Barnstable when she was stopped Saturday.
Procopio says two children were in the Cadillac SUV, properly fastened in car seats.
The trooper reminded Bundchen that the speed limit on Route 6 is 55, and let her go on her way.
1. “Procopio” is a great name for a police officer.
2. How do we know about this? Were the police so giddy over talking to A REAL SUPERMODEL they just had to tell everyone? Oh, you’ll never guess who I pulled over today. Go ahead, try.
3. What piece of news didn’t make the news because someone was writing up this?
4. What are we supposed to do with this information? Perhaps think that Supermodels Are Just Like Us, because they speed and get pulled over. Well, just like us without the global fame and dazzling wealth and a job that consists of posing and smiling, but otherwise, just like us. I was stopped for speeding and given a warning, too. Oddly enough, it was about eating raw shellfish.
© 2016 Star Tribune