MacPhail Center opening new location
The MacPhail Center for Music is opening a new location this fall in Chanhassen.
With sites already in Minneapolis, White Bear Lake and Apple Valley, MacPhail will begin offering lessons in the Chanhassen High School this fall. Then in January it plans to open a new school across the street from the Chanhassen Dinner Theatres.
Offerings in Chanhassen will include:
• Individual lessons for ages 5 to adult in flute, clarinet, oboe, saxophone, trumpet, French horn, trombone, percussion, voice, piano, guitar, violin, viola and cello.
• Suzuki Talent Education beginning as early as 3-6 years of age in violin and cello.
• Group lessons for all ages.
• Music Therapy for all ages.
• Early Childhood Music for ages 6 weeks to 8 years.
For more information, go to www.macphail.org.
House minority leader speaks to GOP seniors
Rep. Kurt Daudt, Minnesota House minority leader, will speak about current policy issues to the Republican Seniors of Minnesota luncheon on Tuesday, Aug. 6, at Poor Richard’s Commonhouse, 8301 Normandale Blvd. in Bloomington.
The meeting begins at 10 a.m. with a business session followed by the guest speaker. At noon, lunch is served, ranging from $6 to $11 per person, with a minimum charge of $3.
For more information, call 952-828-1943 or e-mail repsen firstname.lastname@example.org.