Makes about 2 cups.
Note: Football parties often demand a dip. From “750 Best Appetizers,” by Judith Finlayson and Jordan Wagman.
• 1 c. cooked, drained crabmeat
• 1 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
• 2 green onions, white part with a bit of green, minced
• 1/2 to 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
• 3 tbsp. full-fat sour cream
• 3 tbsp. mayonnaise
• 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 1 tbsp. finely chopped cilantro
• Salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a bowl, combine crab, cheese, onions, jalapeño to taste, sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a small ovenproof dish. Bake until bubbling and lightly browned, about 30 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips or sliced baguette.
Nutrition information per 2 tablespoons:
Calories 58 Fat 5 g Sodium 88 mg
Carbohydrates 0 g Saturated fat 2 g Calcium 65 mg
Protein 3 g Cholesterol 17 mg Dietary fiber 0 g
Poll: Which 2013 Taste Holiday Cookie Contest entry do you most want to try?