Page 2 of 2 Previous
7. THE GREAT DEFORMATION, by David Stockman. (PublicAffairs, $35.) A revisionist account of economic history since the New Deal by Reagan’s former budget director.
8. MY BELOVED WORLD, by Sonia Sotomayor. (Knopf, $27.95.) The Supreme Court justice recalls growing up in the Bronx, N.Y., attending Princeton, joining the Manhattan district attorney’s office and becoming a federal judge.
9(x). SALT SUGAR FAT, by Michael Moss. (Random House, $28.) A New York Times reporter reveals how food companies use science to encourage us to consume more of their products.
10. A HIGHER CALL, by Adam Makos with Larry Alexander. (Berkley Caliber, $26.95.) An encounter between two pilots in the skies over Germany in December 1943.
advice and how-to
1. THE FAST METABOLISM DIET, by Haylie Pomroy with Eve Adamson. (Crown Publishing.) A program to lose weight by rotating food groups.
2. THE FAST DIET, by Michael Mosley and Mimi Spencer. (Atria Books.) A diet that calls for eating normally five days a week and fasting two days.
3. IT’S ALL GOOD, by Gwyneth Paltrow and Julia Turshen. (Grand Central Publishing.) Easy, healthy, sugar-free recipes.
4. LIFE CODE, by Phil McGraw. (Bird Street Books.) How to “win in the real world,” regardless of people who try to exploit you.
5 (b). OBAMACARE SURVIVAL GUIDE, by Nick Tate. (Humanics Publishing.) An explanation of and arguments against the Affordable Care Act.
Rankings reflect sales from venues nationwide for the week of April 13. An (x) indicates that a book’s sales are barely distinguishable from those of the book above. A (b) indicates that some sellers report receiving bulk orders.