How might the top half of the WNBA draft play out Friday? Here’s Lynx writer Kent Youngblood’s projection:
1. New York: Sabrina Ionescu, G, Oregon — The best player in the land going to the biggest market in the league.
2. Dallas: Satou Sabally, F, Oregon — Think Ducks fans are bitter there wasn’t an NCAA tournament?
3. Indiana: Lauren Cox, F, Baylor — Big, versatile, can score both facing up and with back to basket.
4. Atlanta: Chennedy Carter, G, Texas A&M — Top of the draft got a little deeper with this junior entry.
5. Dallas: Megan Walker, F, Connecticut — Former teammate of Napheesa Collier might interest Lynx if still available.
6. Lynx: Bella Alarie, F, Princeton — Needs to get stronger, but her skill set fits the modern game.