This should not come as any surprise. There is another closure of Hwy. 100 on tap for the weekend.
But construction-weary drivers will also have to contend with orange cones and detours on a portion of I-35W through Roseville. Ramsey County officials are warning of delays on County Roads H and 10 near the Mermaid Supper Club in Mounds View.
It’s a truck race at the ERX Motor Park that has MnDOT warning of backups on Hwy. 169 in Elk River while construction on I-35 between Pine City and Hinckley could spawn delays.
Large traffic generating events this weekend include Twins games at Target Field, a Lynx game Friday at Target Center, Lumberjack Days in Stillwater, Rondo Days and Highland Fest in St. Paul, the Ramsey County Fair in Maplewood and Street Machine Nationals at the State Fairgrounds.
Rail riders, take note of maintenance activities from 7 p.m. Sunday until 3 a.m. Monday. Buses will fill in for Green Line trains between Target Field and Stadium Village and for Blue Line trains from Target Field to 38th Street.
Here is your guide to this weekend’s road construction:
1. I-494 in Plymouth: Traffic between Fish Lake Road in Maple Grove and Hwy. 55 in Plymouth is to two lanes each direction until Nov. 4.
2. Hwy. 100 in St. Louis Park: Northbound lanes between Crosstown and I-394 will be closed from 10 p.m. Friday until 5 a.m. Monday. Southbound reduced to two lanes between W. 36th Street and Crosstown.
3. I-35W in Roseville: Northbound will be closed from Hwy. 36 to I-694 from 10 p.m. Friday until 5 a.m. Monday.
4. I-694 in Shoreview: Westbound traffic has two lanes separated by a concrete barrier between I-35E and Lexington Avenue. Ramp from Rice Street to westbound 694 closed until November.
5. I-35E in northeast metro: Intermittent lane closures between County Roads 96 and J. County 96 is single lane from Centerville Road to White Bear Parkway and closed at Manning Avenue.
6. Hwy. 61 and 97 in Forest Lake: No access to eastbound Hwy. 97 from Hwy. 61. Single lane traffic on both directions of Hwy 61 between the north intersection of Hwy. 97/Scandia Trail and 202nd Street.
7. Hwy. 8 in Franconia: Closed between the south junction of Hwy. 95 in Franconia Township and downtown Taylors Falls.
8. I-94 from St. Paul to Maplewood: The resurfacing project between E. 7th Street and Century Avenue will last until the end of 2017. The left westbound lane between Mounds Blvd and Century Ave. is permanently closed through early August. Hwy 61 to westbound I-94 is reduced to a single lane through August. The left eastbound lane is closed from 4 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. weekdays and Saturdays until Aug. 19.
9. I-94 in the Midway: Both directions will be reduced to a single lane at Snelling and Cretin Avenues until 6 a.m. Saturday. Prior Avenue bridge over 94 remains closed.
10. I-35E in St. Paul: Southbound is single lane between Grand and St. Clair avenues from 7 p.m. Friday until 6 a.m. Sunday. The St. Clair Ave bridge is closed. The ramp from southbound I-35E to St. Clair ramp is also closed through July 31.
11. Hwy. 36 and Lexington Avenue in Roseville: The ramp from Dale Street to westbound Hwy. 36 is closed, as are all ramps at Lexington Avenue.
12. Hwy. 280 in Minneapolis: Single lane in each direction between Broadway St. and Como Avenue.
13. I-35W in northeast Minneapolis: The following bridges over I-35W have lane closures: Westbound Hennepin Avenue, eastbound Broadway Street and northbound Johnson Street.
14. Hwy. 5 in St. Paul: Single lane in both directions over the Mississippi River near Fort Snelling for bridge repair.
15. Hwy. 13 in Lilydale: Closed between Wachtler Avenue and Sylvandale Road until Sept. 2.
16. Franklin Avenue in Minneapolis: The bridge over the Mississippi River is closed until Labor Day weekend.
17. Minnehaha Avenue in Minneapolis: Closed between 34th and Lake streets. In downtown, detours and lane restrictions are in place along portions of 3rd Avenue S.
And here is a late addition that didn't make the map: Both directions of Hwy. 10 between Foley Blvd. and Hwy. 610 in Spring Lake Park and Coon Rapids will be a single lane from 7 p.m. Friday until 5 a.m. Monday.