Prisoners freed by Iran
• Washington Post reporter Jason Rezaian was detained in July 2014 and later convicted of espionage and other crimes.
• Amir Hekmati, from Flint, Mich., is a former U.S. Marine who was arrested on spying charges in 2011 while visiting his grandmother. In 2012, Iran sentenced him to death. The sentence was later overturned.
• Saeed Abedini, from Boise, Idaho, is a pastor who was arrested in 2012. He was convicted of endangering national security by holding religious services.
• Nosratollah Khosravi-Roodsari, about whom no information was available.
• Matthew Trevithick of Hingham, Mass., was released after being detained for 40 days. He was not part of the prisoner swap.