· More than 300,000 athletes a year participate in state Senior Games, held in every state except North Dakota.
· In 2014, more than 1,300 athletes participated in the Minnesota Senior Games.
· More than 30,000 athletes have qualified for this year's National Senior Games in Minnesota.
· Organizers are expecting between 12,000 and 13,000 athletes to participate in the National Games here.
· Athletes compete in 23 different sports.
· The average athlete stays three to four days and brings 2.5 guests for a total of about 35,000 people.
· The event is expected to have a $35 million economic impact in the Twin Cities.
Source: Beth Pinkney, executive director of 2015 National Senior Games