The 3-2 pitch
Three observations …
• Several teams are already in need of starting pitching help (San Francisco, Arizona, Boston, etc.), but will the Twins put Ervin Santana on the market if they remain over .500?
• There can’t be a team more happy to have a player back healthy than Arizona over A.J. Pollock. He’s a talented outfielder who has a 7.0 WAR impact on a roster.
• You remove Eric Thames’ 11 home runs and the Brewers would still be in the top 10 in baseball in long balls. This team is getting its mash on.
… and two predictions
• White Sox outfielder Avisail Garcia is living large. He’s batting .446 on balls put in play, which means he will crash back down to earth.
• Want to talk about preposterous statements? Remember when I said Kyle Gibson and Alex Meyer were the future of the Twins rotation? Even if Gibson returns from the minors and pitches well, that was a big swing and miss.