Friday night at the boys' hockey state tournament ended with one of those classic games that can define the whole experience. It took more than 86 minutes of ice time – less than 7 minutes shy of the state tournament record set in the Apple Valley-Duluth East five OT classic of 1996. In case you missed it, here is a look back at some of the key moments and the aftermath of Minnetonka's 2-1 victory in four overtimes over Hill-Murray in the Class 2A semifinals: *Sophomore Erik Baskin scored the game-winner at roughly 12:19 a.m. Saturday, though there was some debate over exactly how the puck went in. Baskin circled the net and, at 2:31 of the fourth overtime, slipped the puck in near the post on his backhand. Baskin thought it went between goalie Tim Shaughnessy's skate and the pipe, as did Shaughnessy. But Minnetonka's Justin Holl, who had a good look at it, said he thought it went between Shaughnessy's legs. Regardless … "I was just throwing it on net," Baskin said. "Just trying to send everyone home." *Hill-Murray, led by a great line featuring Kevin Becker, Ben Bahe and Willie Faust, outplayed Minnetonka for long stretches of regulation and held a 24-9 margin in shots on goal heading into the first overtime. Yes, the No. 1-seeded Skippers had just nine shots in regulation. After seeing his defensemen play what he considered too much offense in a 6-1 quarterfinal victory over Lakeville North (a game where the Panthers had plenty of good chances, especially in the second period), Minnetonka coach Brian Urick said he instructed his blueliners to pull back and play it safer against the Pioneers, who are a very good transition team. "Maybe we wouldn't do that again," Urick said of the strategy, which perhaps stifled the Skippers' own attack. That said, as the overtime sessions wore on, Minnetonka was able to create better chances while still not giving up too much in transition. The way the Skippers played in overtime resembled much more of what Urick had in mind when he decided on a more conservative approach. "It may have helped us in the long run that we didn't show up for three periods," Urick said, drawing a few laughs. "We stood around and didn't waste any energy." *Minnetonka stayed in the game thanks in large part to goalie Jim Kruger. Several big stops were among his 42 saves. The one that stands out right now was a sliding stop to deny a Hill-Murray shot from point blank range with less than 20 seconds left in regulation. "Jimmy kept us in there, and we were fortunate to be in the game in overtime," Urick said. "I said we were playing on borrowed time." Kruger said the game was more or less a blur to him. "It sounds kind of crazy, but for me that game flew by," he said. "I think it's pretty safe to say that's pretty much the most fun I've ever had playing hockey." *The Skippers had a goal disallowed early in the second overtime when the puck was ruled to have been intentionally redirected into the net by a skate (it was called that way both on the ice and upon video review). Minnetonka briefly celebrated, but Urick pulled them down to earth quickly. For precedent, he only had to look back to the first Class 1A semifinal Friday, when Mahtomedi thought it scored at the end of regulation in a 6-6 game only to have a replay show the puck crossed the line a tick too late. The Zephyrs had celebrated wildly, and when the goal was disallowed, they were clearly deflated. Hermantown ended up scoring early in overtime to advance to today's 1A title game vs. Breck. "It kind of helped watching that Mahtomedi game," Urick said. "I got a real quick lesson. I pulled the guys over to the bench and told them, 'Hey, this goal is not going to count. … You can't worry about it. Keep going, and don't have that emotional letdown when they disallow it." *Hill-Murray coach Bill Lechner and his players were understandably emotional about the ending but justifiably proud of the effort. Lechner, who started to tear up a couple of times during his post-game press conference, said: "I thought we played well and had every opportunity to win. … It's a tough page to swallow." Said Shaughnessy, who made 27 saves: "That was the best game I've ever seen my team play. It was a great time. It's too bad it didn't end differently."