GRILLED LAMB CHOPS WITH ROSEMARY AND LEMON
Note: Lemon, garlic and rosemary make lamb irresistible. From "Melissa's Everyday Cooking With Organic Produce," by Cathy Thomas.
• 3/4 c. balsamic vinegar
• 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
• 3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
• 3 tbsp. minced fresh rosemary leaves
• 6 medium garlic cloves, minced
• 1 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
• 12 (3-oz.) loin lamb chops, about 1 in. thick, excess fat trimmed
• Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1 lemon, cut into small wedges, for garnish
To prepare marinade: In small bowl, combine vinegar, oil, lemon juice, rosemary, garlic and pepper; stir to combine.
Place chops in single layer in large shallow glass baking pan. Pour marinade over chops. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 4 hours, turning chops 2 or 3 times.
Heat grill. Season chops with salt and pepper to taste. Grill about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare, basting with marinade after 3 or 4 minutes before turning chops.