Page 2 of 2 Previous
• Right winger Charlie Coyle took 15 stitches the right side of his bottom lip down to the chin courtesy of Suter’s deflected shot in Game 7.
“I can’t even smile,” Coyle said … smiling.
He can talk (with a bit of a lisp), eat and drink, so he got lucky.
“It was a freak accident. Luckily it tipped. I couldn’t imagine getting it straight on,” Coyle said. “Most [stitches] I’ve ever had. Well worth it.”
• Dany Heatley, who had a goal and two assists in Game 7 and played well the past five games, was back on the No. 1 power play against the Blackhawks. “This is the most ‘Dany Heatley’ that we’ve seen all year,” Yeo said.
• Chicago forward Andrew Shaw left the game because of a lower-body injury after being crushed by Wild defenseman Clayton Stoner in the first period. He is listed as day-to-day.
• Blackhawks forward Kris Versteeg was a healthy scratch.
• Single-game tickets for Games 3, 4 and, if necessary, 6 at Xcel Energy Center go on sale 10 a.m. Saturday. Tickets range from $49 to $146.
|Baltimore - LP: K. Gausman||4||FINAL|
|Detroit - WP: J. Nathan||6|