While their moves in free agency garnered the headlines throughout the month of March, the Vikings have also quietly been gathering more information on the prospects they are eyeing for April's NFL draft.
That has included sending scouts and top decision-makers such as general manager Rick Spielman and head coach Mike Zimmer to college pro days and conducting private workouts with potential draft picks.
Soon, some of the top prospects on their draft board will be in town for the all-important "top-30" visits at Winter Park. Current Vikings players Trae Waynes, Laquon Treadwell, Anthony Barr, T.J. Clemmings, Anthony Harris and Moritz Bohringer were all brought in for official visits.
Here is a list of all of the team's known interactions, reported by us or others, with 2017 prospects. Note that this is far from a complete list, and we will continue to update this post as the NFL draft approaches.
- Rodney Adams, WR, South Florida: official visit scheduled
- Jerod Evans, QB, Virginia Tech: met with Vikings at combine
- Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State: private workout
- Worth Gregory, P, East Carolina: private workout
- Kareem Hunt, RB, Toledo: official visit scheduled
- Alvin Kamara, RB, Tennessee: met with Vikings at combine
- Forrest Lamp, OL, Western Kentucky: reportedly linked to Vikings
- Carl Lawson, DE, Auburn: met with Vikings at combine
- Elijah Lee, LB, Kansas State: official visit scheduled
- Damien Mama, OL, Southern Cal: met with Vikings at combine
- Malik McDowell, DT, Michigan State: private workout
- Leon McQuay, S, Southern Cal: reportedly linked to Vikings
- Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma: met with Vikings at his pro day
- Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma: met with Vikings at combine
- Duke Riley, LB, LSU: met with Vikings at combine
- Eric Wilson, LB, Cincinnati: reportedly linked to Vikings