Page 2 of 2 Previous
The run-oriented Vikings are losing ground to the air-oriented Packers in an unexpected area: rushing. The Packers rank fifth (140.8 yards per game), while the Vikes are 13th (116.4).
The Packers have rushed for at least 135 yards in each of the past four games. Last time they did it: Weeks 9-12 in 2003.
• • •
The Bears have issues and injuries on defense. Injuries to nickel corner Kelvin Hayden, defensive tackles Nate Collins and Henry Melton and now middle linebacker D.J. Williams are a big factor in Chicago ranking 20th defensively and allowing at least 21 points per game. The Bears also have only eight sacks, which has contributed to a No. 23 ranking against the pass. But what the Bears do have, as usual, is takeaways.
They’re tied for second in the league with 17, one behind Kansas City. They also lead the league in points off turnovers (62).
Three observations …
• For as many months upon months that teams, media and draftnik snake-oil sales … er … gurus spend breaking down the NFL draft, how in the world does a Russell Wilson fall to the third round?
• Chiefs QB Alex Smith says he has “no idea” what a “game manager” is. Come to think of it, neither do we, since that really describes every quarterback. But if Alex is one of them, it must be a good thing.
• Denver coach John Fox was right. Jim Irsay’s comment about the Colts wanting more Lombardi Trophies than stats was a cheap shot at Peyton Manning. Manning carried more than a decade’s worth of Colts teams that were riddled with holes.
Two predictions …
• Manning throws for 400 yards and four TDs as the Broncos overwhelm the Colts.
• Manning’s younger brother stays six games behind big bro, improving to 1-6 with a home win over the Vikings on MNF.
|San Diego||12/12/13 7:25 PM|
|Washington||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|San Francisco||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|Seattle||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|Chicago||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|Houston||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|Buffalo||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|New England||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|Philadelphia||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|Kansas City||12/15/13 3:05 PM|
|NY Jets||12/15/13 3:05 PM|
|Arizona||12/15/13 3:25 PM|
|New Orleans||12/15/13 3:25 PM|
|Green Bay||12/15/13 3:25 PM|
|Cincinnati||12/15/13 7:30 PM|
|Golden State||6:00 PM|
|LA Clippers||6:00 PM|
|NY Islanders||9:00 PM|
|VU of Lynchburg||6:00 PM|
|UMass Lowell||6:00 PM|
|Long Island||6:30 PM|
|Alcorn State||6:30 PM|
|Thomas (GA)||7:00 PM|
|Western State||8:00 PM|
|Army||12/14/13 2:00 PM|
|Saint Peters||4:00 PM|
|West Virginia Tech||6:00 PM|
|Seton Hall||7:00 PM|
|Aug 9 - vs. Houston||7 pm||X||27-13|
|Aug 16 - at Buffalo||6 pm||X||20-16|
|Aug 25 - at San Francisco||7 pm||X||34-14|
|Aug 29 - vs. Tennessee||7 pm||X||24-23|
|2013 regular season|
|Sep 8 - at Detroit||Noon||X||34-24|
|Sep 15 - at Chicago||Noon||X||31-30|
|Sep 22 - vs. Cleveland||Noon||X||31-27|
|Sep 29 - vs. Pittsburgh (in London)||Noon||X||34-27|
|Oct 6 - Bye|
|Oct 13 - vs. Carolina||Noon||X||35-10|
|Oct 21 - at. NY Giants||7:40 pm||X||23-7|
|Oct 27 - vs. Green Bay||7:30 pm||X||44-31|
|Nov 3 - at Dallas||Noon||X||27-23|
|Nov 7 - vs. Washington||7:25 pm||X||34-27|
|Nov 17 - at Seattle||3:25 pm||X||41-20|
|Nov. 24 - at Green Bay||Noon||26-26|
|Dec 1 - vs. Chicago||Noon||X||23-20|
|Dec 8 - at Baltimore||Noon||X||29-26|
|Dec 15 - vs. Philadelphia||Noon|
|Dec 22 - at Cincinnati||Noon|
|Dec 29 - vs. Detroit||Noon|