A look at how the playoff race is shaping up:
The Vikings (8-6) can't clinch a wild-card playoff spot Sunday, nor can they be eliminated from the playoffs. With final games at Houston (12-2) and against Green Bay (10-4), the Vikings have the NFL's toughest closing schedule.
• Vikings would win tiebreaker with Chicago because of a better division record.
• Vikings would lose tiebreaker with Washington or Seattle based on head-to-head meetings.
• Vikings' chances probably hinge on what happens in NFC East, where three teams are 8-6.
• Washington and Dallas play each other in Week 17, so either team would claim the East title by winning out.
• Giants can earn at least a wild-card spot by winning out. If Vikings and Giants both go 10-6, Giants would win the tiebreaker (better record in conference games).
• Vikings could make playoffs if they lose Sunday, then beat Green Bay if: Washington wins NFC East; Dallas and Chicago lose at least once; Giants lose twice.
They're in: Green Bay (North champ), Atlanta (South champ), San Francisco (at least a wild card) have clinched three of six playoff berths.
Atlanta (13-2) clinched top seed and first-round bye with its victory over Detroit on Saturday.
San Francisco (10-3-1) can clinch West with a win. Can clinch first-round bye with win and G.B. loss.
Washington (8-6) can clinch playoff spot with a win and losses by the Giants, Chicago, Vikings.
Seattle (9-5) can clinch playoff spot with a win; or if Vikings, Chicago and Washington all lose; or if Vikings, Chicago and Dallas lose.
N.Y. Giants (8-6) can clinch playoff spot with win, and losses by Chicago, Vikings, Dallas, Washington.
Dallas (8-6) can neither clinch a playoff spot nor be eliminated.
St. Louis (6-7-1), Chicago (8-6) and New Orleans (6-8) could be eliminated.
They're in: New England (East champ), Denver (West champ), Houston (South champ), Baltimore (at least a wild card) have clinched four of six playoff berths.
Houston (12-2) can clinch first-round bye with a win, or losses by either New England or Denver.
Denver (11-3) can clinch first-round bye with a win and a New England loss.
Indianapolis (9-5) can clinch playoff spot with a win or a Pittsburgh loss.
Cincinnati (8-6) can clinch playoff spot with a win.
Pittsburgh (7-7) and Miami (6-8) could be eliminated.
|Cincinnati||4||Top 7th Inning|
|Miami||2||Bottom 4th Inning|
|NY Yankees||5||Top 6th Inning|
|Philadelphia||0||Bottom 7th Inning|
|Baltimore||0||Top 7th Inning|
|Tampa Bay||0||Bottom 6th Inning|
|Los Angeles||0||Bottom 2nd Inning|
|Cleveland||2||Top 3rd Inning|
|Detroit||2||Top 3rd Inning|
|Oakland||1||Top 3rd Inning|
|Texas||4||Bottom 2nd Inning|
|Chicago Cubs||0||Top 2nd Inning|
|Seattle - J. Paxton||9:05 PM|
|LA Angels - G. Richards|
|San Diego - A. Cashner||9:15 PM|
|San Francisco - R. Vogelsong|
|Washington||37||2nd Qtr 3:31|
|San Jose||0||1st Half 35:00|