Page 2 of 2 Previous
• Tanner Vavra, the son of Twins coach Joe Vavra, was drafted in the 30th round by the Twins. Vavra hit a team-high .330 for Valparaiso despite being blind in his right eye.
• Nobody seems to know how the Vikings secondary will line up at present. Asked what he thinks coach Leslie Frazier said: “That’s a little bit of a tough one, but the way we line up now, it’s early, but we’d probably have Josh Robinson at the left corner, Chris Cook at the right corner, our safety would be Jamarca Sanford along with Harrison Smith.”
• Scott Diamond, the ace of the Twins staff last season with a 12-9 record and a 3.54 ERA, had elbow surgery in December. Asked how his stuff compares now, he said recently: “I’d say I’m about the same right now [as before the surgery]. My velocity isn’t probably where I want it consistently but I feel like I’m able to locate a little bit better and it’s still an adjustment, still a game to continue to work on.” Diamond fell to 4-5 with a 5.19 ERA Sunday, but the Twins defense let him down a bit in a 7-0 loss at Washington.
• Tickets for the 2014 Major League All-Star Game at Target Field will not go on sale until this fall, according to Twins President Dave St. Peter.
• If you remember Mo Walker during the Gophers basketball season when he weighed 310 pounds, you wouldn’t recognize him now as he is down to 280 after going on a strict diet and workout program. New coach Richard Pitino believes Walker can make a big contribution if the 6-10 Canadian can get in shape.
• Kevin Slowey, who has struggled since leaving the Twins, showed his old form by throwing seven shutout innings in relief for the Marlins in Saturday’s 20-inning victory over the Mets.
Sid Hartman can be heard weekdays on 830-AM at 6:40, 7:40 and 8:40 a.m. and on Sundays at 9:30 a.m. • firstname.lastname@example.org
|San Diego||7:25 PM|
|Washington||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|San Francisco||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|Seattle||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|Chicago||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|Houston||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|Buffalo||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|New England||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|Philadelphia||12/15/13 12:00 PM|
|Kansas City||12/15/13 3:05 PM|
|NY Jets||12/15/13 3:05 PM|
|Arizona||12/15/13 3:25 PM|
|New Orleans||12/15/13 3:25 PM|
|Green Bay||12/15/13 3:25 PM|
|Cincinnati||12/15/13 7:30 PM|
|Baltimore||12/16/13 7:40 PM|
|North Dakota St||73||FINAL|
|New Mexico St||48||FINAL|
|Utah Valley U||62|
|Army||12/14/13 2:00 PM|
|(12) Penn State||79||FINAL|
|South Dakota St||83|
|Utah Valley U||70||FINAL|
Poll: Do you agree with baseball's plan to ban collisions at home plate?