North blanks South in Lakeville showdown
• LAKEVILLE NORTH 3, LAKEVILLE SOUTH 0: Megan Lebens had a goal and an assist and Abby Cooper had 19 saves to lead the Panthers, ranked No. 6 in Class 2A, past the Cougars, ranked No. 8 in Class 2A.
• BENILDE-ST. MARGARET’S 6, NORTH WRIGHT COUNTY 0: Caitlin Reilly scored three goals and Brittany Wheeler had two goals and two assists as the Red Knights skated to the victory.
Red Wing battles back to win in overtime
• RED WING 3, HOLY ANGELS 2 (OT): Fritz Belisle’s goal at 2:26 of the overtime completed the come-from-behind victory for the Wingers. The Wingers trailed 2-0 after the first period, before Tristan Rehder scored in the second and third periods to tie the score. Adam Defore had 42 saves for the Wingers, who were outshot 44-24.
Hanel leads big second half for Holy Family
• HOLY FAMILY 68, WAYZATA 49: The Fire, ranked No. 2 in Class 3A, used a dominant second half to rally for the victory over the Trojans. The Catholic school based in Victoria trailed by three points at halftime, but outscored the Trojans 47-25 after intermission. Senior Joe Hanel had 22 points and 10 rebounds for the Fire.
Orono sophomore sparks upset victory
• ORONO 56, CHISAGO LAKES 46: Sophomore Danielle Jorgenson scored a career-high 23 points to lead the Spartans past the Wildcats, who are ranked No. 5 in Class 3A.
• ANDOVER 77, BLAINE 67: Haydn Becker scored 25 points to help the Huskies outlast the Bengals. Andover opened a 27-14 lead before the Bengals rallied to take a 48-47 lead with 8 minutes, 14 seconds remaining. The Huskies responded with a 14-4 run to open a 61-52 lead.
• BENILDE-ST. MARGARET’S 103, WACONIA 82: Grace Coughlin scored 24 points to help the balanced Red Knights outscore the Wildcats. Five other Red Knights scored in double figures to offset Anna Schmitt’s 40 points for Waconia.
• MINNEAPOLIS SOUTHWEST 80, ST. PAUL HUMBOLDT 62: Senior Naja Woods made 13 of 14 free throws and scored 30 points to lead the Lakers past the Hawks.