Coutier’s seven TDs spark Kennedy
• BLOOMINGTON KENNEDY 62, MINNEAPOLIS SOUTHWEST 13: Lucian Coutier rushed for 291 yards and seven TDs to power the Eagles to a Class 5A, Section 3 victory. Coutier’s TDs — all in the first half — tied him with five others for second place on the state single-game list for most touchdowns. Two players share the state record with eight touchdowns in a game.
In other Class 5A games:
• ELK RIVER 69, MONTICELLO 42: Denis Bardashevskiy rushed for 312 yards — on 17 carries — and six TDs to help the Elks outscore the Magic in Section 6. Andrew Manning rushed for 182 yards and four TDs for Monticello.
• APPLE VALLEY 52, ST. LOUIS PARK 16: Da’Shawn Lewis rushed for 155 yards and three TDs as the Eagles defeated the Orioles in Section 3.
• BUFFALO 43, WILLMAR 20: Hunter Thompson rushed for 137 yards and three TDs to lead the Bison to the victory in Section 6.
• CHANHASSEN 28, WACONIA 14: Raymonte Maynard rushed for 139 yards and three TDs to highlight the Storm’s Section 2 victory.
• HENRY SIBLEY 28, HASTINGS 21: Kenneth Jinkins’ 5-yard TD run capped an 80-yard drive which consumed eight minutes in the fourth quarter to pull out a Section 5 victory. After Jinkins’ TD, Hastings got the ball back with 2:30 left, but was unable to get a first down.
• IRONDALE 54, NORTH ST. PAUL 32: Jared Brenny (211 yards rushing, three TDs), Victor James (184 yards, two TDs) and Donovan Arthur (182 yards, two TDs) helped the Knights run past the Polars in Section 4.
• NORTHFIELD 39, NEW PRAGUE 7: Preston Robinson and Joey Eckhoff each had an offensive and defensive TD to fuel the Raiders’ victory in Section 2.
• ST. THOMAS ACADEMY 53, SIMLEY 21: The Cadets defeated the Spartans in Section 5, giving coach Dave Ziebarth his 100th victory at the school. The Cadets are 100-28 under Ziebarth.
• RICHFIELD 35, MINNEAPOLIS SOUTH 26: The Spartans outlasted the Tigers in Class 4A, Section 3 for their first victory of the season. Sophomore Doma Morris scored four TDs — two on runs of 75 and 46 yards — to lead the Spartans.
• BIG LAKE 28, ZIMMERMAN 11: In Section 5, the Hornets rallied from a 9-0 deficit for their first playoff victory in 10 years.
• BLAKE 48, ST. ANTHONY 28: The Bears scored 27 points in the fourth quarter to rally for the Section 6 victory. Marcus Berg rushed for 211 yards and five TDs to lead the Bears, who trailed 22-21 going into the fourth quarter.
• BYRON 7, RED WING 0: Byron forced four turnovers by the Wingers — all inside Byron’s 10-yard line — to earn a Section 1 victory. Dan Fujan rushed for 149 yards for Byron.
• DASSEL-COKATO 47, MANKATO EAST 12: Joel Carlson rushed for 125 yards and three TDs to lead the host Chargers to the Section 2 victory.