Denver answers big rally by Minnesota Duluth
• DENVER 5, MINNESOTA DULUTH 4 (OT): Drew Shore scored 3:02 into overtime and Jason Zucker had a hat trick as the Pioneers edged the top-ranked Bulldogs in a back-and-forth WCHA game on Friday night in Duluth.
The Bulldogs, who trailed 3-0 early in the second period, rallied for a 4-3 lead on Kyle Schmidt's goal with 4:58 left in the third. But Zucker completed his hat trick with 1:22 left in regulation, scoring his 12th goal of the season. Jack Connolly, Wade Bergman and Mike Connolly scored consecutive goals as Minnesota Duluth came back from the 3-0 deficit.
The Bulldogs and Pioneers on Saturday will play the final game in the Duluth Entertainment and Convention Center. UMD will open AMSOIL Arena on Dec. 30 against North Dakota.
• NORTH DAKOTA 3, ST. CLOUD STATE 1: Brad Malone scored two goals and added an assist as the Fighting Sioux beat the Huskies in Grand Forks, N.D.
• ALASKA ANCHORAGE 2, WISCONSIN 1: Tommy Grant scored with nine seconds left in the third period, giving the host Seawolves a victory over the Badgers.
• BEMIDJI STATE 3, NEBRASKA-OMAHA 0: Dan Bakala made 25 saves, including 12 in the third period, as the host Beavers shut out the No. 4 Mavericks in a matchup of WCHA newcomers.
• COLORADO COLLEGE 7, MICHIGAN TECH 3: Brothers Rylan Schwartz and Jaden Schwartz combined for seven points as the Tigers beat the Huskies in Houghton, Mich.