Lee leads Irish past Nebraska Omaha for title
• NOTRE DAME 3, NEBRASKA OMAHA 2: Anders Lee had a goal and an assist and the Irish (2-0) won the Ice Breaker Tournament championship by beating the Mavericks on Saturday night in Kansas City, Mo. Lee, Notre Dame's captain and a former Edina standout, assisted on Peter Schneider's goal only 74 seconds into the game, and he gave the Irish a 2-1 lead later in the first period. Defensemen Michael Young and Andrej Sustr scored for Nebraska Omaha (1-1).
• OHIO STATE 3, MINNESOTA DULUTH 2: Max McCormick scored 6:56 into the third period as the Buckeyes (1-1) earned a split with the host Bulldogs (1-1). Tanner Fritz had a goal an assist for Ohio State, which took a 2-0 lead in the first period before UMD tied it on power-play goals in the second by Joe Basaraba and Mike Seidel.
• NEW HAMPSHIRE 4, ST. CLOUD STATE 2: John Henrion and Nick Sorkin each had a goal and an assist as the Wildcats (2-0) swept the Huskies (0-2) in Durham, N.H. Austin Block's power-play goal late in the second period gave New Hampshire a 3-2 lead. Kevin Gravel and Joey Holka scored for St. Cloud State.
• NORTHERN MICHIGAN 4, WISCONSIN 2: Matt Thurber and Kory Kaunisto scored 67 seconds apart in the third period and the Wildcats (2-0) rallied to sweep the Badgers (0-2) in Green Bay, Wis. Mark Zengerle put Wisconsin up 2-1 18 seconds into the third.
• MINNESOTA STATE MANKATO 2, ALABAMA-HUNTSVILLE 2: Eriah Hayes scored the tying goal with 2:14 to play as the Mavericks (1-0-1) tied the host Chargers (0-1-1).
• MICHIGAN TECH 8, LAKE SUPERIOR STATE 4: Milos Gordic had two goals and an assist to lead the host Huskies (1-1) past the Lakers (1-1) in Houghton, Mich.
• COLORADO COLLEGE 5, CLARKSON 4: William Rapuzzi scored with a minute to play and the Tigers (2-0) swept the Golden Knights (0-2) in Colorado Springs.