• PRIOR LAKE 30, EAGAN 11: The Lakers know how to nurse a slim lead and turn it into a romp. Prior Lake senior back Jack Johnson piled up 135 yards and found the end zone three times, helping his team to a three-point edge at the half. Long drives and an interception returned for a touchdown from Blake Weber in the closing minutes put the game out of reach.
• CHISAGO LAKES 29, MAHTOMEDI 22: Two fourth-quarter scores helped the Wildcats come from behind to win their season opener. Jackson Hull was the primary chain-mover for Mahtomedi, scoring twice while advancing the ball 232 yards on 45 carries. The Wildcats got things done through the air, with quarterback Mitch Berg tossing three scores, two to Miles Turk.
• TRI-CITY UNITED 21, WATERVILLE-ELYSIAN-MORRISTOWN 20: The Tri-City United football team never has lost a game. The Titans were down 20-0 at halftime in the program's inaugural game but punched in three unanswered touchdowns to treat a home crowd to a victory.
• FRIDLEY 49, ST. PAUL COMO PARK 7: The Tigers put their offensive firepower on display against Como Park in their season opener. Junior back Darius Mulbah racked up 153 yards on 10 carries, scoring three times. Quarterback Nick Rathke threw for 150 yards and connected for two scores.
• SOUTH ST. PAUL 49, RICHFIELD 14: Just like last year, the Packers are masters of the ground attack. Jake Hill and Bill Brandecker combined to tally 280 yards for South St. Paul, and Jack Pietruszewski ran in three scores.
• LITCHFIELD 30, ORONO 28: The Dragons' offense was outgained, but behind a strong special teams performance from Nick Adzick, Orono walked away from the first half with a 14-8 lead. Tom Wachman scored twice in the second half for the Dragons, and a stone-wall defensive unit stopped a late Spartans drive to give Litchfield the season-opening victory.
• ANNANDALE 30, WACONIA 23: Annandale jumped out to a quick two-score lead, but Waconia recovered before the half and kept the game close up until the final minutes. Quarterback John Kalthoff scrambled in his third score of the night with just 45 seconds left on the clock to give the Cardinals a 30-23 win.
• DELANO 28, DASSEL-COKATO 27: The visiting Chargers evened the score in the fourth quarter but failed on a last-minute two-point conversion attempt. The Tigers survived behind a punt return score from Adam Kraft and a well-rounded rushing attack.
• DELASALLE 42, CONCORDIA ACADEMY 0: Junior Chris Williams ran for 224 yards and scored three times in DeLaSalle's shutout of Concordia.
• NEW LIFE ACADEMY 41, BRECK 14: New Life's defense kept the Mustangs off the board for the second half, while the offense kept piling on the points. Senior back Matt Michaud carried the ball for 170 yards and three scores, and senior Luke Mikhail caught a pass for 70 yards and kicked five extra-points.
STAFF REPORTSNEW LIFE ACADEMY 41, BRECK 14: New Life's defense kept the Mustangs off the board in the second half, while the offense kept piling on points. Matt Michaud ran in three scores.
|Minnesota - LP: V. Worley||3||FINAL|
|Atlanta - WP: P. Maholm||8|
|Cincinnati - WP: A. Simon||7||FINAL|
|NY Mets - LP: B. Parnell||4|
|Los Angeles - WP: H. Ryu||9||FINAL|
|Milwaukee - LP: W. Peralta||2|
|Oakland - LP: J. Parker||1||FINAL|
|Texas - WP: R. Wolf||3|
|Arizona - LP: T. Cahill||1||FINAL|
|Colorado - WP: J. De La Rosa||4|
|Washington||1||Top 8th Inning|
|Tampa Bay||2||Bottom 6th Inning|
|Chicago Cubs - J. Samardzija||6:05 PM|
|Pittsburgh - F. Liriano|
|Detroit - J. Verlander||6:05 PM|
|Cleveland - U. Jimenez|
|NY Yankees - H. Kuroda||6:05 PM|
|Baltimore - J. Hammel|
|Seattle - B. Maurer||6:05 PM|
|LA Angels - J. Williams|
|Philadelphia - C. Lee||6:10 PM|
|Miami - K. Slowey|
|Boston - C. Buchholz||7:10 PM|
|Chicago WSox - H. Santiago|
|Kansas City - J. Shields||7:10 PM|
|Houston - J. Lyles|
|St. Louis - T. Lyons||9:10 PM|
|San Diego - B. Smith|