Friday's prep football roundup: Hastings rally stuns Stillwater
- September 20, 2013 - 11:57 PM
Hastings rally stuns Ponies
• HASTINGS 35, STILLWATER 34: Brandon McCarthy’s 7-yard TD run in overtime — his fifth TD of the game — lifted the Raiders to a stunning come-from-behind victory on Friday. The Raiders trailed 28-0 in the second half but scored 28 consecutive points to send the game into OT. Stillwater, which suffered its first loss of the season, scored first in the overtime — on Zach Knox’s fourth TD of the game — but failed to convert an extra point. McCarthy scored to make it 34-34 and Joey Harrington’s PAT gave Hastings the victory. Knox rushed for 250 yards.
• BELGRADE-BROOTEN-ELROSA 27, HOWARD LAKE-WAVERLY-WINSTED 14: Austin Kollman rushed for a school-record 351 yards to lead the Jaguars to the victory. Kollman scored twice in the second half as the Jaguars pulled away from a 14-14 halftime tie.
• BELLE PLAINE 12, JORDAN 6: The Tigers limited Jordan to 44 yards in the second half and outlasted the Hubmen, ranked No. 3 in Class 3A.
• BLAKE 22, MINNEHAHA ACADEMY 7: Oliver Cornelius-Knudsen caught a touchdown pass, ran for a two-point conversion, kicked an extra point and intercepted a pass as the Bears handed the Redhawks, ranked No. 8 in Class 3A, their first loss of the season.
• CHAMPLIN PARK 38, COON RAPIDS 22: Datrice Mulsumo rushed for 297 yards and five TDs to highlight the Rebels’ cause.
• CHISAGO LAKES 28, PRINCETON 12: Joshua Parks rushed for two TDs and William Gillach returned an interception 77 yards for a TD as the Wildcats, ranked No. 9 in Class 5A, improved to 4-0.
• CRETIN-DERHAM HALL 20, MOUNDS VIEW 7: Brian Lankford-Johnson rushed for 208 yards and three TDs to lead the Raiders past Mounds View.
• DELANO 40, MOUND-WESTONKA 6: Jack Nelson rushed for 167 yards and three TDs to lead the Tigers, ranked No. 6 in Class 4A, past Mound-Westonka.
• EAGAN 21, EASTVIEW 10: Ian Entzion and T.J. Sands rushed for TDs in the fourth quarter to rally Eagan to the victory. Sands finished with 77 yards and two TDs for Eagan, which trailed 10-7 going into the fourth quarter.
• HUTCHINSON 45, WACONIA 22: Jayden Fleck rushed for 198 yards and three TDs to lead the Tigers, ranked No. 1 in Class 4A, past host Waconia. The Tigers led 39-0 at halftime.
• LAKEVILLE NORTH 34, BLOOMINGTON JEFFERSON 0: The Panthers, ranked No. 4 in the Star Tribune Metro Top 10, used another impressive defensive effort to improve to 4-0. The Panthers have allowed just 10 points in four games.
• LAKEVILLE SOUTH 29, APPLE VALLEY 26: A.J. Westrude’s 54-yard TD run in the fourth quarter rallied Lakeville South.
• MAYER LUTHERAN 37, NORWOOD YOUNG AMERICA 7: Chad Anenson had two interceptions, kicked five PATs and three FGs — one from 48 yards — to highlight the Crusaders’ victory.
• MINNEAPOLIS NORTH 58, MINNEAPOLIS HENRY 36: Tyler Johnson passed for 249 yards and four TDS and Malik Matthews caught 10 passes for 148 yards and three TDs to lead the Polars.
• MINNEAPOLIS SOUTH 25, MINNEAPOLIS EDISON 6: Payton Bowdry rushed for 176 yards and two TDs to lead the Tigers past the Tommies.
• MINNETONKA 35, HOPKINS 0: Nick Rooney passed for 214 yards and three TDs to lead the Skippers, ranked No. 3 in the Star Tribune Metro Top 10, past the Royals.
• NORTH ST. PAUL 47, RICHFIELD 9: Confidence Kpegeol rushed for 180 yards and two TDs and Akeem Sirleaf rushed for 178 yards and four TDs as the Polars romped past the Spartans. North St. Paul rushed for 545 yards to earn its first victory of the season.
• OSSEO 49, ARMSTRONG 10: Matt Miedtke passed for 327 yards and five TDs to fuel the Orioles’ victory.
• SPRING LAKE PARK 41, COOPER 20: Grant Walter rushed for 161 yards and two TDs and returned an interception 74 yards for a TD to lead the Panthers.
• ST. FRANCIS 27, CAMBRIDGE-ISANTI 18: Max Gust rushed for 153 yards and two TDs as the Saints ended a two-game losing streak.
• TARTAN 41, HENRY SIBLEY 21: Keenen Bellaphant rushed for 233 yards and three TDs to lead the Titans to the victory.
© 2015 Star Tribune