Three MLB observations ... and two predictions
- April 6, 2013 - 11:34 PM
Three observations ...
• The Tigers might trade for a closer anyway, but it’s a good move for them to take a look at Jose Valverde, who reportedly is in better shape than he was last season.
• It’s dangerous to draw conclusions after one week, but Seattle’s Mike Morse looks ready to top his career high of 31 home runs.
• Toronto’s Jose Bautista is asking for it if he continues to complain the way he does about ball/strike calls.
... and two predictions
• Look for Denard Span to score 100 runs with the Washington Nationals.
• The Dodgers will trade Andre Ethier this summer, and eat some salary, to make room for Yasiel Puig.
© 2016 Star Tribune