Chart: Final Five to-do list
- March 20, 2013 - 11:56 PM
goings on at the final five
The WCHA has sold a record 12,178 ticket packages for its last Final Five tournament with the league’s current teams. Some tickets remain for Thursday’s quarterfinals, Friday’s semifinals and Saturday’s championship game. Other highlights:
• A free fan festival will be held near Gate 4 of Xcel Energy Center on Friday and Saturday from 4:30-6:30 p.m. There will be live music and interactive games, along with cheerleaders, bands and mascots from the participating teams.
• There will be ceremonial faceoffs each night, featuring former WCHA players and coaches as well as winners of this season’s conference awards.
• A dance contest — costumes encouraged — will be held throughout the tournament, with a $250 prize.
• A number of downtown St. Paul restaurants and bars will offer specials, and Patrick McGovern’s and Cossetta’s will have outdoor beer tents. See www.visitsaintpaul.com/WCHA for more information.
© 2014 Star Tribune