WCHA playoff roundup: Michigan Tech forces third game with North Dakota
- March 17, 2013 - 12:08 AM
Michigan Tech wins, forces Game 3 vs. UND
• MICHIGAN TECH 2, NORTH DAKOTA 1: C.J. Eich’s third goal of the season, with 2:02 to play, gave the visiting Huskies an upset over third-seeded UND and forced a third game in the best-of-three series. Tanner Kero gave Tech a 1-0 lead only 20 seconds into the second period. Danny Kristo’s 24th goal of the season for North Dakota at 14:57 of the third period tied the score. Pheonix Copley of Tech and junior Clarke Saunders of UND both had 29 saves.
• NEBRASKA OMAHA 2, MSU MANKATO 1: Dominic Zombo’s goal in the sixth minute of the third period and John Faulkner’s 34 saves enabled Omaha to edge the purple Mavericks at home to tie the series at 1-1. Tanner Lane had the other UNO goal.
• COLORADO COLLEGE 2, DENVER 1: Joe Howe of Plymouth made 41 saves as the Tigers stunned the Pioneers at home to force a third game. Teammate Archie Skalbeck of Hopkins scored the game-winner in the middle period.
• WISCONSIN 4, MINNESOTA DULUTH 1: Jefferson Dahl, Michael Mersch and Kevin Schulze scored goals in the opening period as the Badgers rolled over the visiting Bulldogs to win their series 2-0.
• ST. CLOUD STATE 5, ALASKA ANCHORAGE 1: The host Huskies led just 1-0 going into the third period before scoring four goals for a 2-0 series victory. Freshman David Morley got the game-winner at 4:56 of the final period. Nic Dowd, Cory Thorson and Ben Hanowski had SCSU’s other goals in the final period.
© 2017 Star Tribune