WCHA roundup: SCSU holds off Tech
- March 2, 2013 - 12:42 AM
• ST. CLOUD STATE 5, MICHIGAN TECH 3: Kalle Kossila had two goals and an assist for the Huskies, including the insurance goal with 4:26 to play Friday at home. The win gives St. Cloud State (20-12-1 overall, 17-7-1 in the WCHA) a three-point conference lead. Michigan Tech (10-17-4, 6-15-4) made it a game with three third-period goals.
• COLORADO COLLEGE 4, MINNESOTA STATE MANKATO 1: Alexander Krushelnyski scored twice in the third period to lead Colorado College (13-15-5, 10-11-4, ) to the home win. Dylan Margonari had the lone goal for the Mavericks (20-10-3, 14-10-1).
• NORTH DAKOTA 4, BEMIDJI STATE 2: Mark MacMillan had two goals and an assist, while brother Mitch MacMillan added a goal and an assist in the home victory for North Dakota (18-9-6, 13-6-6). Cory Ward had a goal and assist for the Beavers (6-18-7, 5-14-6).
• WISCONSIN 4, NEBRASKA-OMAHA 3: Brendan Woods banged in a rebound with 1:42 left to give the Badgers (15-11-7, 11-7-7) the game-winner in Omaha. The Mavericks (18-13-2, 14-9-2) had a goal waved off in the first period for goaltender interference.
• MINNESOTA DULUTH 4, ALABAMA-HUNTSVILLE 2: Justin Crandall and Chris Casto each had a goal and an assist at home to break a nine-game winless streak for Minnesota Duluth (11-17-5, 8-13-5).
STAFF, NEWS SERVICES
© 2016 Star Tribune