Steve Martin, Edie Brickell due here July 22; Alabama returns, plus more new gigs
- Blog Post by: Jon Bream
- February 14, 2013 - 6:45 PM
Steve Martin, the only person to win Grammys in both bluegrass and comedy, will team up with Edie Brickell, the voice of the 1988 classic "What I Am," July 22 at State Theatre in Minneapolis.
Banjo picker Martin and singer-songwriter Brickell are making an album together, “Love Has Come For You,” due April 23 – and undertaking a 27-city tour this spring and summer.
Martin will be accompanied by the Steep Canyon Rangers, his regular backup band that this week won a Grammy for best bluegrass album, for “Nobody Knows You.”
Tickets, priced from $43.50-$83.50, will go on sale March 8.
Other concerts just announced:
• Alabama is returning on a casino tour with a Aug. 31 date at Grand Casino Hinckley;
• REO Speedwagon, Styx and Ted Nugent will relive the '70 and '80s April 19 at Target Center;
• Todd Rundgren lands May 20 at the Varsity;
• Divine Fits rocks April 4 at the Varsity,
• JD McPherson swings May 4 at First Avenue;
• Andy Grammer appears March 30 and Marina & the Diamonds May 19, both at the Skyway Theatre.
Steve Martin photo by David Brewster, Star Tribune, 2010
© 2016 Star Tribune