Tale of the tape: Vikings vs. Packers
- January 4, 2013 - 9:36 PM
VIKINGS VS. PACKERS
10-6 Record 11-5
20th NFL offensive rank 13th
2nd Rushing offense 20th
31st Passing offense 9th
16 NFL defensive rank 11th
11th Rushing defense 17th
24th Passing defense 11th
POINTS TO PONDER
• In the only Vikings-Packers playoff meeting, the Vikings won 31-17 at Lambeau Field after the 2004 season. Packers receiver Donald Driver and Vikings defensive tackle Kevin Williams, cornerback Antoine Winfield and long snapper Cullen Loeffler are only players left from that previous playoff meeting.
• The Packers are 1-1 when opening playoffs against a team it played the week before, having beaten Detroit in 1993 and losing to Arizona in 2009. This is the first such game for the Vikings.
• The Packers were 7-1 at Lambeau Field this season, while the Vikings were 3-5 on the road.
• Vikings have not played an outdoors cold-weather game since Dec. 28, 2010, when the temperature was 32 degrees for 24-14 victory
over the Eagles. Since 2000, the Vikings are 2-6 outdoors when it's 32 or below. The forecast for Saturday night calls for temperatures in the mid-teens, with a wind chill around zero.
• With Jordy Nelson expecting to play, the Packers would have all four top receivers for, essentially, first time since Sept. 30. Nelson, Greg Jennings, James Jones and Randall Cobb all appeared in the first game against the Vikings on Dec. 2, but Nelson left after injuring his hamstring on Green Bay's second drive. Cobb missed Sunday's game because of an ankle injury.
• Vikings defensive end Jared Allen has more sacks of Aaron Rodgers than any other quarterback. Of his career 117 sacks, 15 1/2 are of Rodgers, including his single-game high of 4 1/2 on Oct. 5, 2009.
© 2017 Star Tribune