Postgame: Rubio returns and all is right in Target Center
- Blog Post by: Kent Youngblood
- December 15, 2012 - 10:55 PM
Greetings for a final time tonight from Target Center.
I have to admit I feel a bit drained. The energy in the Arena tonight was palpable, it really was. It had been so long since Rubio has played that I'd forgotten what the power of his personality could accomplish.
The jolt he gave this game when he entered the game with the Wolves down ten late in the first quarter was amazing. And right away, like he'd never left, there were the no-look, behind-the-back and between-the-legs passes.
Wait until Rubio is 100 percent. Wait until Love is there, too. With the way Alexey Shved is playing -- heck the way all of the guards are playing -- this team could be pretty good.
Here are some final thoughts from the game:
1. I don't think it's any coincidence that Derrick Williams had one of his best nights of the year with Rubio playing.
2. I think Shved is quickly playing himself into rookie of the year conversations.
3. Andrei Kirilenko continues to be the glue with which this four-game winning streak has been assembled. He had another double-double tonight with 14 rebounds and 10 boards. He scored five points in a 10-0 Wolves start to the overtime.
4. The Wolves continue to beat people up inside, with another 50 points in the paint tonight after getting 70 there in New Orleans.
5. How about big Pek? Over the last three games he is 31-for-49 shooting and has averaged 24.7 points and 8.3 assists.
6. The Wolves have had 57 assists the last two games.
7. The Wolves set a season high with 15 steals tonight.
That's about it for now. Have a good rest of your weekend.
© 2015 Star Tribune