Phil Miller's Big Ten power poll
- November 15, 2012 - 7:01 PM
BIG TEN POWER POLL
1. Ohio State (10-0; at Wisconsin)
The Buckeyes have allowed three pass plays of 70-plus yards.
2. Nebraska (8-2; vs. Minnesota)
Kicker Brett Maher: 45-45 on extra points.
3. Michigan (7-3; vs. Iowa)
Only Big Ten team that hasn't allowed run of 40-plus yards.
4. Northwestern (7-3; at Michigan State)
Venric Mark is lone Big Ten punt returner with two touchdowns.
5. Wisconsin (7-3; vs. Ohio State)
Allowed 15 red-zone touchdowns in 22 drives.
6. Penn State (6-4; vs. Indiana)
Best red-zone defense: no points 32.4 percent of time.
7. Michigan State (5-5; vs. Northwestern)
Only 17 points total in first quarter of past eight games.
8. Iowa (4-6; at Illinois)
Must beat Michigan and Nebraska or no bowl.
9. Minnesota (6-4; at Nebraska)
Thirteen takeaways in six wins; one takeaway in four losses.
10. Purdue (4-6; at Illinois)
DL Kawaan Short has blocked four kicks this year.
11. Indiana (4-6; at Penn State)
0-15 all-time against Nittany Lions.
12. Illinois (2-8; vs. Purdue)
Only team in FBS to lose every conference game by 14-plus points.
© 2014 Star Tribune