Phil Miller's Big Ten power poll
- November 1, 2012 - 11:15 PM
BIG TEN POWER POLL
1. Ohio State (9-0; vs. Illinois)
Allowed 20 gains of 30-plus yards, most in the Big Ten.
2. Nebraska (6-2; at Michigan State)
Huskers have lost 14 fumbles, most in Division I.
3. Michigan (5-3; at Minnesota)
OT Taylor Lewan is projected as a first-round draft pick.
4. Penn State (5-3; at Purdue)
Nittany Lions have thrown only three interceptions, fewest in the Big Ten.
5. Northwestern (7-2; bye)
Wildcats were 11-for-11 field goals in the first four games, but 0-for-1 in the past four.
6. Michigan State (5-4; vs. Nebraska)
Spartans have played five consecutive close games, within four points or fewer.
7. Wisconsin (6-3; bye)
Badgers are converting only 33.6 percent of third downs, worst in the league.
8. Iowa (4-4; at Indiana)
Hawkeyes have scored 17 TDs; only four teams in the nation have fewer.
9. Minnesota (5-3; vs. Michigan)
CB Michael Carter has 13 pass breakups, tied for third nationally.
10. Indiana (3-5; vs. Iowa)
RB Stephen Houston has a TD in nine consecutive games.
11. Purdue (3-5; vs. Penn State)
AD Morgan Burke "expects to see program move forward" in November.
12. Illinois (2-6; at Ohio State)
QB Nathan Scheelhaase was sacked six times in the fourth quarter vs. Indiana.
© 2013 Star Tribune