Who commits sexual abuse in day care?
- October 20, 2012 - 10:23 PM
WHO COMMITS SEX ABUSE IN DAY CARE?
(Minnesota home day cares, 2010-2012)
Husband or boyfriend
License holder's child or other young relative
TIPS FOR PARENTS
• Make sure children receive adequate supervision.
• Confirm that program's license is in good standing with the state.
• Know who else is in the home and what access they have to children. Ask to be informed anytime a new adult or young adult enters the household.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
• Minnesota Child Care Resource and Referral: 888-291-9811 or mnchildcare.org
• Department of Human Services licensing website: www.mn.gov/dhs
• Stop It Now! www.stopitnow.org
• Darkness to Light: www.darkness2light.org
• Family Enhancement Center: www.familyenhancementcenter.org
• The Stop It Now! Minnesota sex abuse prevention training: www.tinyurl.com/9vctdnw2 License holder 4 Husband or boyfriend 26 License holder's child or other young relative 32 Total cases
© 2014 Star Tribune