Phil Miller's Big Ten power poll
- October 11, 2012 - 9:29 PM
BIG TEN POWER POLL
1. Ohio State (6-0; at Indiana)
Second in the Big Ten in scoring, but only 11th in time of possession.
2. Penn State (4-2; bye)
Made 13 of 20 4th downs; no other Big Ten team has more than seven.
3. Michigan (3-2; vs. Illinois)
Last time Illini visited: a 67-65 Wolverines triple-OT victory in 2010.
4. Nebraska (4-2; bye)
DE Eric Martin has taken over Big Ten sack lead with 5 1/2.
5. Michigan State (4-2; vs. Iowa)
Defense solid in red zone; only five TDs in 13 chances.
6. Northwestern (5-1; at Gophers)
Coach Pat Fitzgerald is 10-16 in October, 26-17 all other months.
7. Wisconsin (4-2; at Purdue)
Badgers have intercepted only one pass in first six games.
8. Purdue (3-2; vs. Wisconsin)
Hope sticking with Caleb TerBush at QB, but fans want Robert Marve.
9. Iowa (3-2; at Michigan State)
Hawkeyes haven't given up a sack in past four games.
10. Gophers (4-1; vs. Northwestern)
Three consecutive losses to the Wildcats would be only third time ever.
11. Indiana (2-3; vs. Ohio State)
Hoosiers have more TD passes (11) than all of last season (10).
12. Illinois (2-4; at Michigan)
Rank 114th nationally in both punt and kickoff returns.
© 2016 Star Tribune