Time for Gophers to look forward to next season
- Blog Post by: Amelia Rayno
- March 31, 2012 - 11:38 AM
One season is done, and I am enjoying some wonderful time down in Florida -- finally taking a breath!
I wanted to thank everyone for reading the blog on my first beat season and leave you with a few things:
- My final game story of the season was not a pretty one, but was meaningful in that it emphasized both how far the Gophers have come and how much work they have left to do. It was an interesting way to leave the season because I think the Gophers have plenty to be hopeful and excited about ... but the bitter finish ensures they don't rest easy over the summer. It provides real, tangible motivation for the offseason, and that's never a bad thing.
- My wrap-up of the season looks at the things that defined this year (losing Trevor Mbakwe, blowing leads, "heart" at the end), things to be excited about for next year, and several big questions that are still lingering.
- I'm taking a little break now, but I'll still be blogging every now and then as news arises. There are still many things left to be figured out this offseason. Will Mbakwe be back? Will Smith get an extension? Who will come in as AD? Will any players transfer? Will the coaching staff remain in tact (there have been interview rumors about Ron Jirsa)? What are the new recruits up to and who are the Gophers looking at for the future?
I'll be around to periodically look at those questions and post news. Thanks again guys!
© 2016 Star Tribune