Orange Jalapeño Shrimp
Note: If you prefer, substitute cubed chicken tenders or tofu for the shrimp. To speed up the preparation, make the brown rice a day in advance. From “The Fresh 20,” by Melissa Lanz.
• 1 lb. raw, deveined shrimp, tails on (see Note)
• 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
• 1/4 tsp. black pepper
• Juice of 3 navel oranges (3/4 c.)
• 2 tbsp. honey
• 1 tsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
• 1 tbsp. grapeseed oil
• 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped (about 2 tsp.)
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 8 oz. broccoli florets (about 3 c.)
• 1 navel orange, peeled and sectioned
• 2 c. prepared brown rice, reheated (see recipe below and see Note)
Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Bring orange juice, honey and soy sauce to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat and boil until reduced by about half, about 8 minutes. Set aside.
Poll: Which 2013 Taste Holiday Cookie Contest entry do you most want to try?