BBQ SHRIMP PO'BOY
Serves 3 to 4.
Note: A classic New Orleans-type of sandwich, done on the grill. From "Just Grill This!" by Sam Zien.
• 1/4 c. mayo
• 1/4 c. finely diced red onion
• 2 tbsp. American chili sauce
• 1 tbsp. prepared horseradish
• 1 tsp. hot sauce
• 3/4 lb. raw shrimp (21/25 size), shell off and deveined
• 1/2 tsp. cayenne
• Olive oil
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 4 French rolls (sandwich size)
• About 1 c. shredded iceberg lettuce
• Sliced tomatoes
Preheat grill to medium.
To make sauce: Combine mayo, onion, chili sauce, horseradish and hot sauce. Mix well and set aside.
To make shrimp: Mix shrimp with cayenne and 1 tablespoon olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
Grill shrimp on both sides until just done -- juicy and amazing, not dried out and disgusting.
Slice rolls lengthwise, drizzle with olive oil on cut side, place cut side down on grill and grill slightly.
Build po'boys with shrimp, sauce, lettuce and tomatoes.
Poll: Which 2013 Taste Holiday Cookie Contest entry do you most want to try?